55 Calorie Flourless PB (Powder) Cookies







I should start this post with a confession.  I am NOT a baker.  I don't enjoy baking.  Cooking is fun because you wing it.  You don't really have to measure, and there is some forgiveness in cooking.  Baking, not so much.  Measuring is boring.  It's math and if I wanted to do math my hobby would be accounting.  I kid.  Anyway, once and a while I get a sweet tooth and these are the rare times I experiment with baking.  I was craving a peanut butter cookie, but they are pretty full of calories and sugar, so I did some messing about and came up with this super easy flourless cookie recipe.


* 1 Cup Peanut Butter Powder
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/3 Cup Truvia Baking Blend (or brand of choice.  Use a monk fruit sweetener and save even more calories)
* 1/3 No Sugar Added Apple Sauce
* 1 large egg


* Hand Full of Mini Chocolate (optional.  Will add a few cals to each cookie)

That's it.  5 ingredients.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  I mix the baking soda into the peanut butter powder first, then the Truvia blend, then add the apple sauce and egg, and mix. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (My oven bakes weird so check them in case I am off.  Lol)

This recipe makes 12 cookies and if my calculations are correct they are about 55 calories each without the mini chips.  They are good without the chips, but better with them.  Also many brands of peanut butter powder come in a chocolate/PB version that might be even better.  I just don't have any on hand.  If you give it a try, let me know!!

Comments

  1. Accidentally posted this comment under your first post. 😜
    This looks delish! I can't wait to try it. Thanx for the recipe! 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts