White Chicken Chili with Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese

I love me a good crock pot recipe and I love soups, stews and chowders.  This white chicken chili is easy, yummy and low calorie.  I like to use my easy, homemade Greek yogurt cream cheese to give it all that creaminess with out adding a lot of calories.




3 large or 4 small chicken breasts (Frozen is fine if you have the time)
1 tbs better then bullion or bullion of choice
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 12 ounce can green enchilada sauce
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
3 to 4 ounces homemade Greek yogurt cream cheese
1 cup frozen corn
1 8 ounce can green chilis
2 can's cannellini or white beans (or 4 cups cooked beans)
salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste



In a large crock pot add raw chicken breasts.  They can be frozen.  I cook mine in the crock pot this way all of the time.  If yours are thawed then you will need to add a cup or so of water.  Add bullion, cumin, chili powder and cook on high for about 4 hours (might be less if your chicken isn't frozen)  Once breast meat is fully cooked, move to a cutting board and let it cool enough to touch.  Mean time add green chili sauce, cream cheese and chicken soup.(If you have not made Greek yogurt cream cheese it's easy peasy.  Will give directions below.)  I use my emulsion bender to mix  the base until creamy, but a good whisk will work too.  Chop the chicken and add it and the remaining ingredients and back to your liquid in the crock pot.  Cook on high for an hour and a half to two hours.  Garnish with cheese, avocado, fresh jalapeno or cilantro.



Now about the Greek yogurt cream cheese.  You will need a mesh strainer, a coffee filter and a bowl to set the strainer on that allows the liquid from the yogurt to drain out into the bowl.  I usually do about 8 ounces at a time.  It reduces to about 5ish ounces I would say.  Place the coffee filter (or cheese cloth if you have it) inside the strainer over the bowl.  Scoop the yogurt into the coffee filter covered strainer and set it all in the fridge, uncovered, over night.  The next day you will have cream cheese.  It's got a bit more bite then regular cream cheese, but the texture is perfect and for recipes like this I don't think you will ever know the difference.  I've also heard some brands of Greek yogurt are milder then others, so that might make a difference if that matters to you.  I like the bite.  To each their own I say.

This makes about 10 1 cup servings and is about 240 calories per serving.




Comments