Welcome To My Little Food Blog

Hi there.  And welcome to my little food blog.  My name is Autumn, and I eat everything.  I am a mom of 4 boys.  Happily married to a pretty terrific, hard working truck driver.  I'm an amateur cook, who loves experimenting with food.  I rarely follow recipes, but somehow I make mostly healthy meals each night that my family finds pretty tasty, and I do it on a pretty modest budget.

After my now 8 year old twins were born I struggled with depression, which turned into anxiety and full blown panic attacks.  I spent nearly 8 years in a dark place and gained a very large amount of weight.  I have spent the last year becoming a healthier, stronger, happier version of me.  Finding the me I was before postpartum depression derailed me for so many years.  I've lost over 100 pounds, and I went from couch potato to a work out queen.  More like a work out princess?  OK, maybe a work out duchess.  I am proud of the person I am today, even though I will always strive for a bit more.

As a food lover I had to find ways to eat healthy without feeling deprived.  I count calories, try and eat whole foods (try being the key word) and be as creative as I can while doing it.  I will try and share calorie counts, portion size, and a bit of nutritional info for each recipe.  I create recipes that I think are worth sharing with y'all, so this blog is how I plan to do that!  I hope you pop in from time to time to see what's on the menu.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts