Lightened Up Chicken Cordon Bleu

I've been doing a lot of baking/treat making lately for the Holidays.  I Have been making pretty quick dinners on account of this.  Still mostly healthy, but old standards I can through together fast.  This recipe is still pretty quick, but I have never tried to make it before so I wanted to save it for a day I felt I had plenty of time.  Tonight was that night!




4 chicken breasts (depending on their size)
4 large slices or 8 small slices deli ham some sliced ham is bigger then others)
4 slices reduced fat swiss cheese
1 egg and 1 egg white, whisked.
1/2 cup fiber cereal (like Fiber One brand) ground coarsely in a food processor or coffee grinder.
1/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
seasoning salt of choice (I like a little Italian and a little Montreal to taste.)
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375.  Pound out all four chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thick.  On top of each flattened chicken booby place 1 to 2 slices of deli ham and 1 slice swiss cheese.  Roll closed and pin through with a toothpick.  Mix panko and fiber cereal in a shallow bowl and whisk egg in another.  Dredge each rolled booby in whisked egg.  Then into the panko/cereal mixture and place each one on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Spray the tops and sides of each booby (have a said booby enough yet?  Tee hee hee.)  Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.  My oven can be weird.  So I tend to check what I am cooking half way through.  I did with these and decided to turn the heat down to 350 for the second half of baking.  You know your oven, so proceed as you wish.  I let these rest for like 5 or 10 minutes so the cheese doesn't come pouring out when I cut them.


My boobies were large (Been a problem my whole life.  😉 So I based me calories for this on about 4 ounces of chicken.  About half of a breast.  Each cordon bleu booby portion is about 260 calories and 4 grams of fiber!

Now I have said boobies enough.

Comments

Popular Posts