Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto



I frequently have cravings for unhealthy foods and immediately decide to make a healthier version of said food.  Today I was craving risotto.  I have really tried to cut back on refined carbs.  I feel better eating low carb, but this girl could never give them up completely.  This recipe for pasta free Risotto is so stinking good, I don't think you will miss the carbs at all!  I am sorry I don't have better pictures of this.  It just does not photograph well, so please know this pile of slop tastes incredible.  



1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cups cauliflower rice (I buy it premade most of the time)
1 onion, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced (we love garlic.  If you don't cut this in half)
8 ounces baby bell mushrooms, sliced
1 tbls Better Then Bullion, or bullion of choice
1/2 cup sharp white cheddar (or just sharp cheddar)
1/4 cup Parmesan

In a large skillet sauté onion and mushrooms in olive oil until onions are translucent.  Add cauliflower, garlic and bullion, and cook about 5 minutes on medium low heat.  I tend to taste the cauliflower as I cook it, until it's still has a touch of bite to it, but no rawness, if that makes sense.  Dump in all your cheese and mix.  It should melt pretty fast.  I never felt a need to add water, but you might want a tbsp. if it's to thick.

I would say this makes 8 2/3 cup servings (give or take) at 100 calories a serving.



Comments